How do we use your personal information?
- Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
- When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
- In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us.
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Provide you with our services
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- We may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
- Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including job opportunities and our products and services, where you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
- Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
- If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
- Information we process because we have a legal obligation and to comply with a statutory obligation or order of a court.
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it. We use a payment provider to take debit and credit card payments.
Information about your direct debit
Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by email, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use. No such information is personally identifiable to you.
To assist in combating fraud, we may share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Retention period for personal data
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
- to track how you use our website;
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website;
- to keep you signed in our site;
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them;
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team.
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
Access to your own personal information
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy [by email or through the private messaging system on our website].
You can contact us
- by post, using the UK postal address given above;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website.